Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weiser, Idaho and the Lost Tooth

Davis, Eden, and I made the hour drive up to Weiser, Idaho on Friday to watch Grandma and Matt perform. It was a fun little adventure--had a most delicious dutch oven dinner in the park and heard some fun bluegrass music. Took me back to the good, ol' days. While my mom was up there singing in the dark auditorium, Davis started fiddling (ha ha--the pun wasn't intended at first) around with a tooth that has been loose for over a month now. A few minutes later he nudged me hard--"Look Mom!" The tooth was completely bent over, hanging by a "thread"--I hate to think what it was really hanging by. A couple more minutes go by. "Mom, Look! My tooth! My first tooth came out." He literally threw his arms around me and embraced me with a look that I only can describe as pure childlike triumph and joy! I wish I could have bottled that look and kept it forever. He was having a moment, and the really neat thing was, he wanted me to share it with him. A few minutes later he was sharing it with the entire auditorium as he yelled up to Matt on stage. "Hi Matt. I just lost my first tooth!" This was a very proud moment in the Davis history.

1 comment:

Lindsey and Ben said...

Way to go Davis! It looks like you guys had a fun weekend!